Introduction to Astronomy Unit
This no-prep unit is a great introduction to any astronomy course, as it addresses what astronomy is and the pieces of evidence astronomers use to prove Earth is rotating and revolving.
Access a preview of this resource here.
Students are introduced to the following terms and concepts: astronomy, celestial sphere, azimuth, zenith, rotation, Coriolis effect, circumpolar star trails, Foucault pendulum, revolution, seasons, constellations, etc.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Unit Pacing Guide
- Introduction to Astronomy Lesson Plan
- Introduction to Astronomy Worksheet & Answer Key
- Introduction to Astronomy PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- To Space or Not to Space Writing Assignment, Teacher Notes & Rubric
- Hubble Space Telescope Activity
- Rotation/Revolution Lesson Plan
- Rotation/Revolution PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Evidence of Earth’s Rotation Worksheet & Answer Key
- Introduction to Astronomy Lab & Answer Key
- Rotation/Revolution Quiz & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 95+
Teaching Duration: 1 Week
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!