Introduction to Astronomy Unit
This no-prep unit is a great introduction to any astronomy course, as it addresses what astronomy is and the pieces of evidence astronomers use to prove Earth is rotating and revolving.
Access a preview of this resource here.
Students are introduced to the following terms and concepts: astronomy, celestial sphere, azimuth, zenith, rotation, Coriolis effect, circumpolar star trails, Foucault pendulum, revolution, seasons, constellations, etc.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Introduction to Astronomy Lesson Plan
- Studying Space (Introduction) PowerPoint Presentation
- Hubble Space Telescope Activity
- Rotation/Revolution Lesson Plan
- Rotation/Revolution PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Evidence of Earth’s Rotation Worksheet & Answer Key
- Introduction to Astronomy Lab & Answer Key
- Rotation/Revolution Quiz & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 70+
Teaching Duration: 1 Week
Save 20% on this resource in the Astronomy Unit Bundle and in the Studying Space Unit Bundle.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.