Throughout this week-long, low-prep unit, students study the causes and effects of earthquakes, how to determine the location of an earthquake’s epicenter and how seismic waves are useful tools for scientists exploring the Earth’s interior. Concepts covered include earthquakes, stress vs. strain, faults, focus, epicenter, seismic waves (primary vs. secondary waves), seismology, seismograph/grams, how to use the P-S wave chart, triangulation, etc.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Earthquakes Lesson Plan
- Earthquakes PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Earthquakes Practice Worksheet & Answer Key
- Earthquake Shaking Hazards Worksheet & Answer Key
- P & S Waves Lesson Plan
- P & S Waves PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- P & S Waves Practice Worksheet & Answer Key
- Modified Mercalli Scale Lab & Answer Key
- Earthquakes Review Guide
- Earthquakes Quiz & Answer Key
- Earthquakes Research Project
Teaching Duration: 1 Week
Save 20% on this resource in the Earth’s Dynamic Crust & Interior Complete Unit Bundle!
What busy teachers like you have said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Dawn S. says, “I used this with a Science Olympiad team. It helped them understand Earthquakes.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica J. says, “Saved me a ton of time using this.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Candice McBroom (TPT Seller) says, “Thank you! This worked perfectly for my Earthquake Tower project.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Karen W. says, “Hi! This bundle is awesome! I’ve been using it in my high school physical science class.”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.