Environmental Health Unit
Throughout this three-week, low-prep long unit, students investigate the concept of environmental health, how chemicals in our environment affect our health, and how an outbreak of specific diseases can begin and then spread.
Access a preview of this resource here.
Key concepts and ideas from these lessons include DDT, pathogens, different types of hazards (biological, social, chemical and physical), epidemiology, toxicology, dose-response relationships, risk assessments, pollution, carcinogens, chemical mutagens, teratogens, neurotoxins, allergens, endocrine disruptors, asbestos, radon, VOCs, carbon monoxide, lead, bioaccumulation, biomagnification, malaria, cholera, annual pesticide use, etc.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- “What is Environmental Health?” Lesson Plan
- DDT Activity
- Environmental Health Overview PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Animal Testing Probe Worksheet
- Biological and Social Hazards Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Toxic Substances in the Environment PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Toxic Substances in the Environment Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Environmental Health Quiz & Answer Key
- Case Studies Assignment
- “Tracking an Outbreak” Lesson Plan
- “Tracking an Outbreak” Lab & Answer Key
- “Tuna for Lunch?” Lesson Plan
- “Tuna for Lunch?” Lab & Answer Key
- Annual Pesticide Use Lesson Plan
- Annual Pesticide Use Worksheet & Answer Key
- Malaria and Climate in Africa Lesson Plan
- Malaria and Climate in Africa Worksheet & Answer Key
- Environmental Health Study Guide
- Environmental Health Unit Exam & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 8th – 12th
Total Pages: 115+
Teaching Duration: 3 Weeks
Save 20% on this resource in the Humans and the Environment Complete Unit Bundle!
What busy teachers like you have said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Dana Koprowski (TPT Seller) says, “Great resource. My students were fully engaged throughout!”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.