Layers & Characteristics of the Atmosphere Unit
This two-week long, no-prep unit focuses on the following essential question: “How do scientists describe the composition of Earth’s atmosphere?” Topics covered include meteorology, atmosphere, air, particulates, aerosols, atmospheric pressure, density, barometer, temperature, troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, ozone, ozone layer, etc. Relationships between atmospheric variables, for example the relationship between temperature and atmospheric pressure, are highlighted throughout this unit.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Unit Pacing Guide
- Earth’s Atmosphere Lesson Plan
- Characteristics of the Atmosphere PowerPoint Presentations & Guided Notes (multiple versions of each)
- Describing Earth’s Atmosphere Worksheet
- Atmospheric Layers Worksheet
- Layers of the Atmosphere Lab & Answer Key
- Ozone Enrichment Worksheet & Answer Key
- The Air Around You Lesson Plan
- The Air Around You PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Characteristics of the Atmosphere Practice Worksheet & Answer Key
- Characteristics of the Atmosphere Quizzes (three versions) & Answer Keys
- “Are We Losing Our Air?” Project
Grade Levels: 7th – 12th
Total Pages: 120+
Teaching Duration: 2 Weeks
Save 20% on this resource in the Earth’s Atmosphere Unit Bundle!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!