Weathering, Erosion & Deposition Unit
Throughout this two-week long, low-prep weathering, erosion and deposition unit, students focus on the processes that reshape our Earth and the agents that erode our planet.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The surface of Earth’s crust, or lithosphere, is constantly exposed to the changing weather of the atmosphere. In this unit, students research the processes that shape the material exposed at the surface of Earth’s crust; a dynamic, ever-changing system of minerals, rocks, weather, water, ice, wind, and living organisms. Once weathering has broken rock down into smaller particles, the natural agents of erosion remove, transport, and deposit them.
The following resources are included in this two-week long unit:
- Unit Pacing Guide
- Weathering Lesson Plan
- Weathering PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Weathering Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Weathering Reading Comprehension Packet & Answer Key
- Weathering Quiz & Answer Key
- Erosion Lesson Plan
- Erosion PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Sugar Cube Weathering Lab & Answer Key
- Weathering, Erosion & Deposition PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Caves Comprehension Packet & Answer Key
- Weathering, Erosion & Deposition Quiz & Answer Key
- Weathering, Erosion & Deposition Writing Prompt Assignment
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 175+
Teaching Duration: 2 Weeks
Save 20% on this resource in the Earth’s Surface Processes Unit Bundle!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!