Global Winds Unit
This no-prep unit addresses the following essential questions, “Why do we have winds?” and “In what ways does air circulate in our atmosphere?” Topics covered include air pressure, weather instruments, isobars, pressure gradient, the Coriolis Effect, Global Winds, Equator, Intertropical Convergence Zone, Trade Winds, Westerlies, Polar Easterlies, Doldrums, Horse Latitudes, Jet Streams and more.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Air Pressure & Winds PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Atmospheric Circulation PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Global Winds Introduction Worksheet & Answer Key
- Global Winds Practice Worksheet & Answer Key
- Global Winds Quiz & Answer Key
- Atmosphere Quiz & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 7th – 12th
Total Pages: 65+
Teaching Duration: 1 Week
Save 20% on this resource in the Earth’s Atmosphere Unit Bundle!
What busy teachers like you have said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Hemenway Science (TPT Seller) says, “Thank you for this resource ! The notes were easy to understand.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Margaret M. says, “Very helpful in my weather unit. Thanks!”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.