Land Use, Urbanization & Sprawl Unit
In this three-week long unit, students investigate how humans make use of the land we live on, how the effects of urbanization lead to sprawl, how maps are used to represent urban sprawl and factors that cause sprawl, how our community utilizes different methods of transportation, and the characteristics of a sustainable city.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Unit Pacing Guide
- Land Use and Urbanization Lesson Plan
- “Growing Pains in Portland, Oregon” Activity & Answer Key
- Land Use and Urbanization Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Land Use and Urbanization Quizzes (two versions) & Answer Keys
- Sprawl Lesson Plan
- Sprawl PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Sprawl Review Worksheet & Answer Key
- Sprawl WebQuest & Answer Key
- Urbanization & Sprawl Quiz & Answer Key
- Patterns of Sprawl Lab Lesson Plan
- Patterns of Sprawl Lab & Answer Key
- We “Auto” Drive Less Lesson Plan
- We “Auto” Drive Less Lab
- NYC High Line PowerPoint Presentation
- Sustainable Cities Lesson Plan
- Sustainable Cities PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Sustainable Cities Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Sustainable Urban Development Case Studies Activity & Answer Key
- Sustainable Cities Quiz & Answer Key
- Green Building Design Lab & Answer Key
- Land Use and Urbanization Unit Review Guide
- Land Use and Urbanization Unit Exam & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 8th – 12th
Total Pages: 145+
Teaching Duration: 3 Weeks
Save 20% on this resource in the Humans and the Environment Complete Unit Bundle!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!