This week-long, low-prep unit addresses the following essential question, “How do scientists identify minerals?” Students are introduced to minerals, the criteria for which minerals are identified, the physical and chemical properties of minerals, and the value and uses of minerals.
Access a preview of this resource here.
This unit includes the following:
- Minerals Lesson Plan
- Minerals PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Minerals Practice Worksheets & Answer Keys (two versions)
- Mineral Identification Lab Lesson Plan
- Mineral Identification Lab, Report Sheet & Answer Key
- Minerals Project & Rubric
- Minerals Quiz & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 65+
Teaching Duration: 1 Week
Save 20% on this resource in the Rocks & Minerals Complete Unit Bundle!
What busy teachers like you have said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rebecca H. says, “The students enjoyed the Powerpoint, ooohing and aaaahing at the pictures of the minerals. Helped me in my own learning as well!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Yee Wah Eva C. says, “Great, helpful resource!”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.