Types of Rocks & Rock Cycle Unit
Throughout this three-week, low-prep unit, students investigate how rocks are identified and classified from one another. Thereafter, students study how a rock changes from one type to another.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The 4,000 or so minerals found in Earth’s crust serve as the building blocks of rocks. Thus far, students have learned key identification tools that scientists use to recognize different types of minerals. They will now use this knowledge to further understand different identification tools that are used to distinguish different rocks.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Rocks Lesson Plan
- Rocks PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Rock Cycle PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Igneous Rock Practice Worksheets (two versions) & Answer Keys
- Sedimentary Rock Practice Worksheets (three versions) & Answer Keys
- Metamorphic Rock Practice Worksheet & Answer Key
- Rocks Quiz & Answer Key
- Rocks and Minerals WebQuest
- Rock Cycle Practice Worksheet & Answer Key
- Rocks & Minerals Review PowerPoint Presentation
- Rocks & Minerals Review blank bingo cards
- Classifying Rocks Using a Key & Answer Key
- Identifying Rocks Lab
- Rocks Differentiated Extension Assignment & Rubric
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 155+
Teaching Duration: 3 Weeks
Save 20% on this resource in the Rocks & Minerals Complete Unit Bundle!
What busy teachers like you have said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Melissa B. says, “Highly enjoyed this resource. I really like that I can use it for years to come. Low prep and engaging/ fun for students! 5 Stars!!!!! <3!!!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ jackie combs (TPT Seller) says, “Extremely beneficial to help guide my college student (son). I purchased this for him to help research and study for his class. It went well with what his professor was teaching. ”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.