Moon, Eclipses & Tides Unit
In this week-long, low-prep unit, students investigate our closest neighbor in space: our moon, eclipses and tides. Students study if the moon actually changes shape, or simply appears to change shape, and how the movement of the moon impacts us on planet Earth. Students are introduced to the following terms and concepts: lunar motions, moon’s phases, solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, moon’s effect on tides, neap tides, spring tides, etc.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- The Moon Lesson Plan
- The Moon, Eclipses & Tides PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- The Moon Practice Worksheets (two versions) & Answer Keys
- The Moon Practice Packet & Answer Key
- The Moon Lab & Answer Key
- Eclipses and Tides Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Tidal Range & Lunar Phases Lesson Plan
- Bay of Fundy Lab & Answer Key
- Our Moon, Eclipses & Tides Quiz & Answer Key
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 170+
Teaching Duration: 1 Week
Save 20% on this resource in the Solar System Unit Bundle and in the Astronomy Unit Bundle!
What busy teachers like you have said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Notions and Potions Science (TPT Seller) says, “Wonderful resource!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Laurie D. says, “I loved this Powerpoint as much as the students.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Alyssa L. says, “Very informative Powerpoint! Great resource to use!”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!
There are no reviews yet.