Our Solar System Unit
Throughout this two-week long unit, students investigate why we are considered a solar system. Students are introduced to the following terms and concepts: asteroids, comets, meteors, geocentric model, heliocentric model, the planets, jovian vs. terrestrial planets, solar system data chart, etc. Stimulating visuals and interactive review questions are included to help clarify these often abstract concepts.
Access a preview of this resource here.
The following resources are included in this unit:
- Unit Pacing Guide
- Our Solar System Lesson Plan
- Our Solar System PowerPoint Presentation & Guided Notes
- Planet Research Project
- Planets Quiz & Answer Key
- Solar System Quiz & Answer Key
- Solar System Data & Ellipses Practice Packet & Answer Key
- Solar System & Ellipses Quiz & Answer Key
- Scale Model of the Solar System Lab & Answer Key
- Scale Model of the Solar System Lab Data Cards
Grade Levels: 6th – 12th
Total Pages: 135+
Teaching Duration: 2 Weeks
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for visiting!